ChainDrugStore.net provides pharmacies both large and small relevant product information and market analytics needed to manage a successful pharmacy. Thus all the paperwork! The company needed a solution that would help merge, track and organize the necessary and mandated communication and contract documents that are sent out to over 75,000 different pharmacies; they wanted to capture and store merged pharmacy documents into a document management system, allowing information-sharing to occur in a more accurate, secure and timely manner.
Unity Business Systems has implemented a successful, custom solution that ChainDrugStore.net is using to automate their mailings to participating pharmacies. UBS has integrated several standalone solutions from Laserfiche’s suite of products to create an effective yet easy to use document management solution for ChainDrugStore.net.
Some highlights include:
• Merging a unique barcode on each sheet of each document so documents can be tracked as they return from individual pharmacies
• Automatically storing each document into Laserfiche under the pharmacy ID by having the software interpret unique barcodes and processing each document accordingly
• Exporting documents from Laserfiche as PDF files and then sending to a document process automation service provider to be emailed, faxed or physically mailed to individual pharmacies
“Our UBS solution has successfully automated our email/mail/fax reach to our customer base. This task used to require several employees and would take a week or more at a time to complete, but now with our custom solution, any authorized employee can finish the task in less than a day,” said Mihir Desai, CIO of ChainDrugStore.net.
The Foot Center
The Foot Center previously used a web-hosted EMR system designed specifically for Podiatry. However, the problem was that they were still being forced to maintain standard paper charts because the imaging and search capability of the EMR was limited and would bog down if they attempted to upload all the previous information. Office space was seriously lacking as the charts continued to grow with both current and inactive charts.
Unity Business Systems has implemented a successful Laserfiche Avante 8.1 solution and has also configured a high-speed scanner at the front desk for capturing patient data immediately. The capture process was designed to allow staff to receive patient documents and then index the information for easy retrieval after the fact. Charts are now readily available to doctors and staff and as requested by patients. Time and cost efficiency are two of the most important improvements the Foot Center has seen realized so far. Some other highlights include:
• Space savings - racks of charts have been eliminated
• Easy retrieval of documents - charts are easily located, even for patients who haven't been to the office in years
• Multiple users can securely view charts at the same time
“Everyone we have had contact with at UBS has made us feel like we are the only customer because of their quick response and professionalism,” said Loretta Shepard, Office Manager.
Virginia Oncology Associates
Story coming soon.
Home Health and Hospice Care
Story coming soon.